Invision Community
FORUMS BLOG/NEWS USER BLOGS USER MEDIA ADVERTS   ADD  MANAGE CHAT CLUBS & USER PERSONAL FORUMS LINK EXCHANGE
CHRISTIAN RESOURCES Christian Hosting Christian Domain Christian Website Builder Christian Free Antivirus Christian Security System Christian Travel Insurance Christian Voip Phone Christian Car Rental Christian Credit Card
Sign in to follow this  
lindagray

Isn't Christianity just a bunch of outdated rules?

I often feel like a prehistoric dinosaur wearing the "Christian" label. While friends and acquaintances accept my beliefs, the questions I get asked and comments I receive suggest that there is an underlying feeling that my beliefs are slightly outdated, not to mention seriously restrictive, especially when it comes to the area of pre-marital sex.

One has to "try before they buy," I was often told by people. And sex is completely fine between two loving couple.

Now, I am not writing this to judge or condemn anyone, but more to reflect on the struggles of being a young Christian woman in a modern society, where things such as pre-marital sex, and cohabitation before marriage are accepted as the norm.

An ex-boyfriend once pointed out that God couldn't have been serious about us waiting for marriage to have sex, because back in the day, women married younger than they do now, so it was perfectly OK for women to wait till marriage to have sex. But surely the same standard cannot be applied to the modern day woman, who is delaying marriage until later in life, he contended.

Needless to say, the relationship didn't last, but did get me wondering if indeed, the religion I profess to believe in is irrelevant. A relic of the past only to be left in churches with stained glass windows, to be admired from a distance, without any active participation.

christiantoday.com

CHRISTIAN INSURANCE & ADVICE Christian Health Insurance Christian HealthCare Christian Car Insurance Christian Home Insurance Christian Life Insurance Christian Car Warranty Christian Travel Christian Hotel Christian Holiday