Invision Community
FORUMS BLOG/NEWS USER BLOGS USER MEDIA ADVERTS   ADD  MANAGE CHAT CLUBS & USER PERSONAL FORUMS LINK EXCHANGE
CHRISTIAN RESOURCES Christian Hosting Christian Domain Christian Website Builder Christian Free Antivirus Christian Security System Christian Travel Insurance Christian Voip Phone Christian Car Rental Christian Credit Card
Sign in to follow this  
lindagray

Is Christianity outdated?

Why is it not popular among young people to be a Christian today? What is actually the point?

In today’s society the trend among most Christian groups is that the number of members is diminishing.

Three out of five young American Christians leave their Christian community after the age of 15. When we read statistics like these, there is every reason to call out a warning that something must be wrong. Young people are feeling that God seems far away. But why is that?

What is the goal of Christianity?
In His Great Commission, Jesus says “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20.

Why are the commandments to be kept? Because Jesus came to the earth to get brothers and sisters with whom He can abide together with God. (Hebrews 2:10-18) After Adam and Eve were disobedient and ate of the fruit in the Garden of Eden, sin separated people from God. Jesus came to show us the way back to God. He showed us the way to keep God’s Laws and be set free from sin!

That liberty means that I allow the Lord’s Prayer to become reality: “Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven…” (Matthew 6:10) First in my own life, and then, in my surroundings. Then my body is an instrument for God and not for my own will. That is the liberty that Jesus brought!

According to the words of Paul, Christianity has gone off track if it merely causes people to maintain a façade of holiness while they continue to be egoistical, self-righteous, and proud. (2 Timothy 3:2-5)

activechristianity.org

CHRISTIAN INSURANCE & ADVICE Christian Health Insurance Christian HealthCare Christian Car Insurance Christian Home Insurance Christian Life Insurance Christian Car Warranty Christian Travel Christian Hotel Christian Holiday