Invision Community
FORUMS BLOG/NEWS USER BLOGS USER MEDIA ADVERTS   ADD  MANAGE CHAT CLUBS & USER PERSONAL FORUMS LINK EXCHANGE
CHRISTIAN RESOURCES Christian Hosting Christian Domain Christian Website Builder Christian Free Antivirus Christian Security System Christian Travel Insurance Christian Voip Phone Christian Car Rental Christian Credit Card
Sign in to follow this  
frankzappa

We must endure to the end 1

Doctrine and Covenants 24:8: “Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days.”

Doctrine and Covenants 121:7–8: “Thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

“And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.”

President Henry B. Eyring of the First Presidency:

“When tragedy strikes or even when it looms, our families will have the opportunity to look into our hearts to see whether we know what we said we knew. Our children will watch, feel the Spirit confirm that we lived as we preached, remember that confirmation, and pass the story across the generations.

“I have one such story in my legacy. Grandmother Eyring learned from a doctor in his office that she would die of stomach cancer. My father, her oldest son, had driven her there and was waiting for her. He told me that on the way home she said, ‘Now, Henry, let’s be cheerful. Let’s sing hymns.’ They sang ‘O My Father’ (Hymns, no. 292) and ‘Come, Come, Ye Saints,’ where the last verse begins, ‘And should we die before our journey’s through’ (Hymns, no. 30).

“I wasn’t there, but I imagine they sang loudly—they didn’t have very melodic voices—with faith and no tears. She spent part of her last months in the home of her oldest child, her daughter. Aunt Camilla told me that Grandma complained only once, and then it was not really a complaint but just to say that it hurt” (“A Legacy of Testimony,” Ensign, May 1996, 64).

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin: “Faithful members of the Church should be like oak trees and should extend deep roots into the fertile soil of the fundamental principles of the gospel. We should understand and live by the simple, basic truths and not complicate them. Our foundations should be solid and deep-rooted so we can withstand the winds of temptation, false doctrine, adversity, and the onslaught of the adversary without being swayed or uprooted. Members whose roots are only at the surface of the gospel need to sink them deeper until they reach the bedrock below the soft topsoil” (“Deep Roots,” Ensign, Nov. 1994, 75).

churchofjesuschrist.org

CHRISTIAN INSURANCE & ADVICE Christian Health Insurance Christian HealthCare Christian Car Insurance Christian Home Insurance Christian Life Insurance Christian Car Warranty Christian Travel Christian Hotel Christian Holiday