Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf.
As some areas “open up,” we will continue to provide helpful information from reliable sources about what people who comprise the church can do to keep themselves safe and show their Christian love for others. This includes a list of resources from Disability Ministries, a list of ASL or captioned streams from Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries , and guidance on inclusion: Online and Virtual Gatherings: Inclusion for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Members.
- UM Insight: Bishop Johnson, Sharpening the Blade
- Beckie Writes: The Good Shepherd’s Voice (captioned video)
- Crip Pastor: Uncertainty and a reboot
- Bev Hall: Moyamoya Day
- Pew Research: Religion and critical care
- Random Acts of Expression: The prayer Jesus gave us
- Day in the Life: Are you Deaf?
- USA Today: I cannot read their lips (masks)
- Lovers Lane: Collins Prempeh song
- Hearing Direct: What to expect when using a hearing aid for the first time
- K. Maggi: Hearing people don’t get it (face masks)
- New Yorker: Deafblind and pandemic treatment
- Mary Ann Nash-Deters: I’m a Deaf person
- Day in the Life: Wash your hands
- L’Arche: Identity
- AAIHS: Disability–What have black people got to do with it?
- Jewish News: How the coronavirus has disrupted the lives of young adults
- Sojourners: Can the church view disabled bodies as Jesus’ body?
- Church for All: Online church and disability
- Disability and Faith: A window of opportunity
- Disability and Faith: The body and pain
- Andrew Pulrang for Forbes: Covid-19 lessons for disability community
- Mental Health Month resources
- Tearfund Canada: Psychosocial support resource kit for churches
- Faith.Hope.Life: Weekend of prayer
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Thanks to the Courtesy of :